DTA were appointed as the Mechanical and Electrical Consulting Engineers for the project involving the construction of a new sports facility serving the local community. The building contains six badminton courts, a multi-use games Hall (including four hundred seat capacity grandstands), a seventy station Fitness Studio, multipurpose suite, changing facilities, climbing wall, restaurant, cafe and social areas.
- Lighting controls in excess of building regulations
- Heat recovery on ventilation systems; ventilation rates kept to a minimum by air quality sensors
- Ground source heat pump combined with boreholes providing low temperature heating
- Rainwater harvesting providing grey water for toilet use
- BREEAM Excellent rating achieved
- RICS Regeneration Award Winner and RIBA
- North East Excellence Award Winner